Brilliant Price is a trading name of Compare Media Limited.
Compare Media Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change the policy on the Brilliant Price website by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from October 2022.
What information and data we collect
We may collect the following information either by requesting it from you and/or automatically collecting it when you visit the Brilliant Price website:
- Contact information including name and email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- System visitor information including your IP Address, platform used, operating system, browser details, source of your enquiry, time and date of visiting and leaving the website, pages viewed on the webiste and device information.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, offers or other statistical and website visitor information.
- Information used to generate a quote such as vehicle registration plate, postcode or other information required to offer a quote.
What we do with the information we gather
We may require and use this information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- To customise the website according to your interests.
- To pass the information supplied to a third party in order to provide a service or quote. An example would be using the vehicle registration plate or postcode to automatically pass to a third party provider to calculate an insurance quote.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, hwowever, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites including product providers. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the site you are being redirected to. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable on the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes including the acceptance of terms and conditions.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at support @ brilliantprice.com
- We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.